Writing new job descriptions can be time-consuming. Of course, every role is different but these templates will give you a head start when you need to recruit a new team member.
Chief audit executive
Internal audit manager
IT internal auditor
Chief audit executive
Position in organisation
Reports to the chair of the audit committee (or equivalent independent person).
A member of the executive team, balancing independent challenge of management with proactive development of best in class practices for governance, risk management and internal control approaches. Dynamic leadership is required to design, direct and manage all aspects of the internal audit function to deliver assurance programmes and provide advisory services using high calibre individuals. Ensuring that the internal audit function has the capacity and skill set appropriate to deliver the level of assurance sought by the board and audit committee.
- Develop and maintain an internal audit strategy for resourcing and delivery of services.
- Utilise (obtain where necessary) comprehensive risk information and professional judgement to define/create an annual audit plan for approval by the audit committee.
- Lead complex audits as appropriate.
- Influence a robust control environment, governance processes, and risk management practices through risk-based audit activities including validation of actions agreed by management.
- Regularly report assurance results and insightful trend analysis to the audit committee.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with external audit and relevant regulatory bodies.
- Build strong relationships with management to enable value-add consultation without compromising independence.
- Promote the value of a data culture, using data analytics where possible, actively collaborating with business intelligence colleagues to leverage capabilities.
- Encourage informed decision making that supports objective delivery within risk appetite boundaries.
- Generate risk management awareness to foster a culture of addressing threats before they materialise and maximising opportunities.
- Recruit, develop and retain within the organisation, high calibre…